3D Model Upload Guide!
All the tools you need to publish your 3D Models.
▪ Cleanup the Mesh. Remove history, reference images, merge verts etc.
▪ Export lots of formats. OBJ, FBX, DAE are the best.
▪ Render 4-10 images minimum (1024x1024px resolution is ideal).
▪ Only include textures once.
▪ Prepare a good description of what's included.
▪ Make a short list of relevant tags.
▪ Make a Zip or Rar archive (Rar is best).
▪ Set the price (5-GBP or over).
Things that lead to Sales:
▪ Original work, designed and modelled by you.
▪ Lots of 3D formats that have been checked.
▪ Bright and clear renders, avoid dark images.
▪ Clean white background to your renders.
▪ Clear descriptions of the content.
▪ Clean meshes, centred and optimised.
▪ Pure quad is ideal, minimse tri's or ngons.
▪ Keep your prices the most competitive on 3DSquirrel.
Things to Avoid:
▪ Branded 3D Models, logo's etc!
▪ 'Work in Progress' 3D Models.
▪ Large, slow images, this is a website!
▪ Missing content, check all formats and textures.
▪ Inaccurate details, double check everything.
▪ Upload and forget. Support your models!
▪ Ripped game or 'freesite' content.
▪ Video or 3D Viewers, use URL's not 'Share' links.
▪ You will receive an automated email as soon as a sale is confirmed and your credit is awarded instantly.
▪ Our payout request system allows you to transfer credit straight into your PayPal account each month.
▪ Any questions can be posted in our community forum or use support requests for technical help.
▪ 3DSquirrel are fellow 3D Artists and do not ask for exclusivity or restrict 3D Model/Account deletion, you're free.
▪ 3DSquirrel wants to help you sell your unique 3D Models and invest commission in maintaining/upgrading the site. Enjoy!